January 19, 2010



(Sing to the tune of the chorus to Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again from The Phantom of the Opera)
Wishing you were somehow here again.
The rain keeps falling still.
Sometimes it seems, if I just dreamed
That you were shining bright!
Now these days grow dim and cold,
There's no warmth in the sky....
-an ode to the sun (which is taking the week off)


As part of dinner, Mama made us pizza bread. It's one of my favorite foods! Bread is one of my favorite foods!
This is at Ethan's and my fencing class (we do sabre fencing). I asked my dad to take pictures of us, that's why I'm in this pic.
This is during 'bagwork.' During bagwork, we practice our attacks/fingerwork/lunges and get tips from the instructors. (For those interested in fencing, I am doing a #3 attack.) After that period, we spend the rest of the hour bouting (fencing our opponents).





Apparently I made a joke with Ethan, hence the smiles. Also, note the girl behind me. She and I get paired together every week. Probably because of our skill and height similarities, although I'm about a foot taller than her!




Another note: those masks (helmets) are metal with cloth lining. It gets hot, stuffy and sweaty in there!














No comments:

Post a Comment